Kirkbride Hall Cottage in Melmerby, Cumbria
Kirkbride Hall Holiday Cottage – Melmerby, near Langwathby, Penrith, Cumbria –
A Charming Lake District Rental
Please note: Great opportunity for families that would like to be near each other but not in the same property. Nearby properties on the same grounds can accommodate more guests – Melmerby hall (18 guests) and Stag Cottage (four guests).
From £638 (Rural Retreats)
Melmerby, near Langwathby, Penrith, Cumbria
About the location
This cottage is right next to the quiet and scenic churchyard of the Grade II listed St John’s Church in Melmerby. There is also private gated access to 20 acres of mixed woodland grounds of Melmerby Hall through an iron gate set into the orchard wall. These grounds include woodland paths, water meadows and a tributary to the River Eden.
- Pets allowed (three dogs)
- Minimum three night stay
- No hen or stag parties
Key features & amenities
- Wood burning stove
- Large enclosed patio and garden to the rear
- On-site parking
- Oak flooring
- Underfloor heating fired by an environmentally friendly wood chip boiler system
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer and dryer
- 42’ TV, DVD player, iPod docking system
- Catering service available
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate (available on request)
- Barbecue and charcoal available
Activities & things-to-do
- Horse riding
- Melmerby is set within the heart of the Eden Valley at the base of Pennine fells and the Hartside Pass (which climbs 1904 feet above sea level). This offers you the opportunity to get a beautiful viewpoint on a clear day of the Eden Valley, Lake District and even as far as southern Scotland.
- Melmerby also has a village shop, tea room, post office, antique shop. La Brocante Emporium is within walking distance of the property.
- The ‘Coast to Coast’ Cycle route passes through the village on the A686 and ascends via Hartside to Alston
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: Holiday Cottages, The Rowley Estates