Acorn Cottage in Norfolk
Acorn Cottage in Oulton, near Aylsham, Norfolk – Within 20 Minutes of Holt & the Norfolk Coast
Acorn Cottage is situated on the edge of the Blickling Hall estate, on the edge of Oulton village. This is a beautifully renovated detached cottage that is set within its own garden. The decor is complimented with seagrass flooring and mix of both contemporary and antique furnishings.
from £115 per night (Rural Retreats)
Oulton, near Aylsham, Norfolk
About the location:
This cottage is close to Aylsham, a nearby market town that has regular farmer’s markets (with a jazz band). Also, the Georgian town of Holt offers many shopping opportunities, antiques, art galleries, cafes and a traditional food hall at Larner’s.
- Ground floor: small kitchen, large sitting room with wood burning stove and dining area that opens to the south-facing rear garden, overlooking a beautiful English vista of oak trees and meadows
- Dressing room leads to bathroom with a bath and handheld shower. There is a single bed in this room as well.
- From the sitting room there is a narrow staircase with winders and open tread leads to the first floor.
- First floor: a galleried double bedroom with 4’6’’ bed, pitched ceilings with restricted height.
- No smoking allowed
- No pets allowed
- Minimum of three night stay
Key features & amenities:
- Off road parking in gated drive
- Low door frames on the ground floor and low beams with restricted height on the mezzanine
- Many original beams
- Wood burning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- TV, DVD, radio with CD, iPod dock
- Barbecue and garden furniture
- Shed for cycle storage
Activities & things-to-do:
- Seaside towns
- National trust properties
- Norfolk coast
- Seaside towns of Cromer, Sheringham, Cley, Blakeney, Wells, Morston and Burham Market and Norfolk’s Chelsea-On-Sea
- Blickling Hall and Walpole Estate
- Cathedral city of Norwich to the south
- Circular walking opportunities from the property
- Cycling and country lanes. Cycle hire available upon request.
- Railway trips from Aylsham to Norfolk Broads at Wroxham
- Vintage steam railway journeys from Sheringham to Holt
- Seal trips at the coast from Morston and Blakeney
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent