Bakers Farm Oast in Ticehurst, Sussex
Bakers Farm Oast in Ticehurst, Sussex – A Charming Tucked Away Detached Oast House (four guests)
This is a detached oast house that has been recently converted and furnished to a high standard. The property is secluded, as it is located down a private drive and within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Sussex/Kent border.
This property is located on the grounds of a 50 acre estate and has its own private, lawned garden that overlooks the surrounding fields. When the sun is out, you can enjoy an afternoon on the terrace (perfect for a barbecue). There is also plenty of wildlife such as deer, foxes, badgers owls and kingfishers.
from £162 per night (Rural Retreats)
About the location:
There are two country pubs nearby with great food only a short walk away (The Bull in the hamlet of Three Leg Cross or The Bell in the village of Ticehurst). The village also has a general store, post office, bakery, greengrocer, cafe and art gallery.
You can also walk by footpath to Bewl Water, the largest lake in the south-east of England. Here there is a 13 mile circular path by the lake and plenty of birdlife. You can cycle or ride around the perimeter in the summer. The lake also offers opportunities for sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing and fishing.
- Ground floor: circular kitchen with door to garden. Sitting room with dining area and wood burning stove. Two sets of french windows leading to the terrace garden. Cloakroom with wc.
- Firsts floor: circular master bedroom with king size bed, twin bedroom with 3’ beds. Each bedroom with its own bathroom with bath and power shower over.
- No pets allowed
- Minimum of a two night stay
Key features & amenities:
- Two bedrooms, each with their own bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed, lawned garden with a south west facing terrace.
- Parking for three vehicles
- Fenced off pond nearby
- Wooden floors.
- Gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer.
- Flatscreen HD Freeview TV, DVD player, iPod dock.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate (available on request).
- Wooden garden furniture and barbecue.
- Trains run here to London (one hour).
- Wadhurst station offers a bus running through to Ticehurst (no need for a car).
Activities & things-to-do:
- National Trust gardens and castles
- The village of Wadhurst is a short drive away (10 minutes) offering shops, supermarket, butchers and wine merchant (The Secret Cellar).
- The Curlew in Bodiam, a Michelin starred restaurant (15 minute drive away)
- National Trust properties: Scotney Castle, Sissinghurst Castle Garden, Bodiam Castle or Batemans.
- Pashley Manor Gardens, Hush Heath or Chapel Down Vineyards.
- Dale Hill Golf Club (also gym and indoor pool here).
- Bedgebury Forest, where you can find the National Pinetum, extensive cycling trails or Go Ape
- Spa town of Tunbridge Wells (20 minutes)
- Camber Sands and Cinq Ports town of Rye (40 minutes)
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent