Blencowe Hall Near Greystoke in the Lake District
Blencowe Hall, near Greystoke, Cumbria – Historic Holiday Cottage near the Lake District
Blencowe Hall is a multi award-winning Grade I listed, fortified manor dating back to the 1400s. It has undergone extensive renovations, bringing the two towers into use for the first time in more than 300 years.
Blencowe Hall has won the following awards: English Heritage Construction Conservation Award, Eden District Design Award, the NWDA Conservation Award and the RICS National Conservation Award. Visit England has also awarded it 5 stars.
Rent Blencowe Hall holiday cottage today with special offers and prices!
From £915 (per night) with Rural Retreats
- Smoking not allowed
- Pets allowed
- Minimum three night stay
Blencowe, near Greystoke, Cumbria
About the location
Blencowe Hall is located on a bluff above the river Petteril and is surrounded by gardens, grounds and fields with access to the river. Views extend to the nearby Lakeland fells and across the rolling Eden Valley fields.
The property is on the edge of the Lake District (only four miles from Lake District National Park and seven miles from Lake Ullswater. Also nearby is Aira Force National Trust waterfall, perfect stream to paddle in. There is also a tea shop and scenic walk up to the peak of Gowbarrow Fell.
Key features & amenities
- Two open fires
- Lawned garden with patio
- Onsite parking
- Up to two dogs welcome (small fee)
- Oak panelling and beams
- Ancient masonry walls and doorways
- Spiral stone staircases
- Ancient carde robes
- Juliette balconies
- Four poster beds
- Wood chip central heating, the Billiards Room has a gas fired open fronted cast stove
- Four door oven gas Aga, a separate Bosch hob, Bosch electric oven. Two refrigerators, microwave, two dishwashers
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Utility area with second sink, storage and cloakroom
- LCD TV, DVD player, iPod docking system
- Catering service available
- Barbeque with charcoal provided and outdoor furniture
- Bicycles may be rented
Activities & things-to-do
- Pigeon shooting
- Horse riding
- Brown trout fishing along the river
- Clay pigeon shooting within the grounds
- This property is on the edge of the Lake District, four miles from the Lake District National Park and seven miles for Ullswater
- One mile walk from the village of Greystoke, where you can find Greystoke Castle and its 3,000 acre estate. This village is perfect for public walks. Also, Greystoke has a heated village swimming pool, local post office/shop a cycle cafe and a 6th century coaching inn serving meals (The Boat and Shoe)
- The Aira Force National Trust waterfall is also nearby offering you the opportunity for a scenic walk up to the peak of Gowbarrow Fell
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: The Rowley Estates, Modern Heritage Matters