Broomers Barn in Ludlow, Shropshire
This is a single storey, wooden-clad barn located in a peaceful setting. The living space open up to a private decked area through full length bi-fold doors. The lawns enjoy uninterrupted views of the countryside.
from £115 per night (Rural Retreats)
About the location:
Broomers Barn is located at the south end of the village of Richard’s Castle. This is three miles from the gastronomic centre of Ludlow with its castle. There are plenty of walking opportunities, a village church, pubs and ruins of an original Norman fortress to explore. The village of Orleton (one mile away) has excellent pubs for a meal out with great food and local ales.
- Single storey accommodation: open plan kitchen/dining living area with bi-fold doors that open to a private decked area and private lawns on two sides (garden furniture and barbecue)
- Bedroom with 6’ Hypnos mattress
- Bathroom with bath and hand held spray attached and separate electric power shower
- Ample off-street parking
- No pets allowed
- No children allowed
- Minimum stay of two nights
Key features & amenities:
- Wood burning stove
- Fully enclosed large garden with a slight slope
- Off street parking
- Free WiFi
- Single storey accommodation
- Hypnos mattress
- Fridge with small freezer compartment, microwave, dishwasher and fitted electric oven with separate electric hob
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in garden shed
- Digital/ bluetooth radio and television with freeview in sitting room.
- Kadai firebowl barbecue
Activities & things-to-do:
- Local events and festivals
- Castles to explore
- Country houses and gardens
- Ludlow has many festivals and concerts throughout the year: Ludlow Food and Drink Festival, the Ludlow Medieval Christmas Fayre and the Hay Festival (check Ludlow events here).
- Ludlow Castle, Croft Castle and Stokesay Castle are perfect for a day out.
- Berrington Hall, a country house in Capability Brown landscaped parkland
- English heritage sites such as Wigmore Castle and Witley Court Gardens
- Ludlow Millennium Green, perfect for a picnic
- Ludlow Races, a National Hunt racecourse (2 miles north of Ludlow)
- Other places to explore include Ironbridge Gorge Museums and The Severn Valley Railway (short driving distance)