Cherrystone Barn Near Lewes, Sussex
Cherrystone Barn in Ripe, Near Lewes, Sussex – A Bespoke Oak Framed Barn Recently Refurbished in a Contemporary Style
Cherrystone Barn is a oak framed barn that has been recently refurbished into a contemporary style, while still retaining original features. This property is set within the grounds of Cherry Cottage in a secluded location with its own driveway and enclosed garden.
from £176 a month (Rural Retreats)
Ripe, nr Lewes, Sussex
About the location:
This location offers many walking opportunities right from the garden. There is a 14 mile long Cuckoo Trail that allows you and your other half to explore the surrounding area.
The village of Ripe is a short walk away and includes a shop with delicatessen and post office. A short drive away is Middle Farm with a farm shop, restaurant and the National Collection of Cider and Perry. Also, further afield is the historic town of Lewes with many shops, restaurants and pubs. Also, Lewes offers a farmers market on the first Sunday of every month.
Layout (ground floor accommodation):
- Open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room with views across open farmland, shower room with wc.
- Passageway leading to a double bedroom with 6’ bed and open plan en-suite bathroom with roll top bath and separate shower.
- There are stairs within the property but the upstairs accommodation is not available to guests.
- Minimum of a two night stay
- Pets allowed (two dogs/ small fee per dog)
Key features & amenities:
- One bedroom, one shower room and one bathroom.
- External passageway from sitting room two double bedroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Large enclosed garden. There is a public footpath that runs through the paddock next to the garden.
- Access to shared tennis courts.
- Open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave and fridge/freezer.
- Separate larder fridge, washing machine and dryer located in external utility room (shared with property owner).
- Two TVs with Freeview, DVD player, radio/CD player, Skye available to those guests with subscription card.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate (available on request).
Activities & things-to-do:
- Lewes Castle and Museum
- Michelham Priory House and Gardens near Hailsham
- Glyndebourne with Opera productions throughout the year
- Seaford with sandy beaches
- The Lavender Line railway
- Wilderness Wood near Hadlow Down
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent