Downclose Piggeries in North Perrott, Dorset
Downclose Piggeries in North Perrott, Dorset – Single Storey Dwelling Located Along a Quiet Country Lane
Downclose Piggeries is a lovely single storey property located along a quiet country lane. This property was formerly a Victorian Piggery and has been converted to provide light and airy accommodation for up to three guests with wonderful views over the surrounding countryside.
from £170 per night (Rural Retreats)
North Perrott, Dorset
About the location:
This property is a quarter of a mile outside the Hamstone village of North Perrot on the Somerset/Dorset borders. It is only 35 minutes from West Bay on the famous Jurassic Coast. It is only six miles from the Dorset town of Beaminster.
This property also sits on Downclose Farm and you are welcome to explore the farmyard and beyond into the magical bluebell woods. There are also eggs available from the free range hens, lamb and beef also available from the farm’s grass raised beef and sheep.
Layout (single story accommodation):
- Porch/ entrance with oak seating and storage for outdoor shoes/coats.
- Modern, open plan fully fitted kitchen
- Dining area to seat up to four guests
- Sitting room with wood burning stove
- Double bedroom with 6’ king size bed.
- Single room with 3’ bed.
- Large shower room with basin, washing machine and utility cupboard.
- Walled patio area.<
- No pets allowed.
- Children over 15 years are welcome.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
Key features & amenities:
- One double bedroom and one single bedroom.
- Large shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Parking for up to two vehicles.
- Walled patio area.
- Beams in sitting room main bedroom.
- Walking distance of a good pub/restaurant.
- Views over fields and woodland.
- No steps to the property.
- Stable door from sitting room area to the former pig sty patio area with barbecue and garden furniture.
- Electric hob, oven, larder fridge, full size freezer, dishwasher and microwave, washing machine. Freeview smart television, DVD player, digital radio
Activities & things-to-do:
- Pubs and restaurants
- Local towns to explore
- National Trust properties
- Beaches and coastline
- North Perrott is a beautiful Hamstone village with many walking opportunities. Footpaths lead into the countryside of Somerset and Dorset.
- Village has a farm shop, seasonal fruit farm, garden centre and cafe.
- The Manor Arms pub and restaurant is in the village within walking distance of the property.
- The White Horse pub and restaurant is in the neighboring village of Haselbury Plucknett (half a mile away from North Perrott).
- Market town of Crewkerne with monthly farmers market, supermarkets, swimming pool and shops.
- Dorset town of Beaminster (six mils away) with boutique shops and historic buildings
- Many National Trust properties to visit.
- London to Crewkerne (2.5 hours). Crewkerne to the property is a 10 minutes drive.
- The property is 14.2 miles from West Bay on the Jurassic Coast via the A3066.
- Abbotsbury Swannery (22 mils away), the world’s only managed colony of nesting mute swans
- Abbotsbury with famous sub-tropical gardens
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent