Forthampton Court, Tewkesbury, Cotswolds
Forthampton Court, Tewkesbury, Cotswolds: Medieval Manor House in Gloucestershire
Forthampton Court is a modernised and spacious self-contained wing of a Grade II listed manor house. The property has been redecorated to a high standard and is furnished throughout with decorative prints and antique furniture.
Lowest price from £379
Some parts of the house date as far back as the 15th century. This includes the Medieval Great Hall built by the Abbots of Benedictine monastery at Tewksbury. Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn were also believed to have stayed at the property in July 1535. The wing was added around 1890 by Philip Webb, the Arts and Crafts architect.
From £379 per night (Rural Retreats)
- Entrance lobby with wc and utility room leading to a staircase hall, adjoins oak-panelled drawing room with open fire
- External door leading to the rose garden from drawing room
- Dining room and breakfast kitchen
- Master bedroom with a 6’ bed, simulated coal gas fire and en-suite bathroom (roll-top bath and separate shower)
- Double bedroom with a 5;6 bed, simulated coal gas fire and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath.
- Double bedroom with a 6’ zip and link bed (can convert to two 3’ singles upon request) and en-suite shower room)
- Double bedroom with 5’6’’ bed and en-suite bathroom with separate shower
- Twin bedroom with 3’6’’ beds and an adjoining wc and wash basin
About the location:
The property is close to the west bank of the River Severn on the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire border.
- Children over 12 years are welcome
- A dog is welcome
- Minimum three night stay
Key features & amenities:
- Open fireplace
- Rose garden (fully enclosed, private walled, brick paved)
- Parking space for one car outside the front door and more space in adjoining garage yard
Additional features at Forthampton Court:
- Drawing room with oak panels
- Catering can been arranged (please give notice)
- Open fire in the drawing room
- Gas “coal-effect” fires in first two floor bedrooms
- Four oven Aga with two hot plates and a four ring gas hob attached, microwave, huge fridge/freezer, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer
- TV with DVD player
- Garden furniture and barbecue
Activities & things-to-do:
- Horse riding
- The Lower Lode pub is only a half a mile walk away. There are lots of other pubs only a short drive away.
- Tewkesbury, the medieval town is only a few miles away with restaurants, pubs and shops.
- Cheltenham (12 miles away) offers literary and music festivals as well as a famous racecourse
- Gloucester and Worcester offer museums and cathedrals (25 minutes away)
- Malvern Hills and Bredon Hill provides walking opportunities
- 18-hole golf course at Puckrup (6 miles) and Tewkesbury Park (5 miles).
- Boating on the Severn and Avon at Tewkesbury
- Riding can be arranged locally
- Historic houses: Eastnor Castle near Ledbury and Sudeley Castle near Winchcombe
- Gardens of Kiftsgate and Hidcote
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: Holiday Images