Galatea at Whitby Lighthouse, Yorkshire
Galatea at Whitby Lighthouse, Yorkshire – On the East Coast not far From the North Yorkshire Moors
Whitby Lighthouse, Nr Whitby, Yorkshire
1 and 1 shower room
from £269 per night (Rural Retreats)
About the location:
The High Cliffs of the North Yorkshire coast hide a number of small ports, most significant being Whitby.
Whitby’s skyline is dominated by the ruins of St. Hilda’s Abbey, high on Whitby’s East Cliff and spreading below, a maze of alleyways and narrow streets running down to the busy quayside and harbour entrance.
To the south lies the coastal villages and resorts of Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington. Inland lie the heather moorlands of the North Yorkshire Moors and further afield York.
- Ground floor accommodation: sitting room, kitchen/dining room, double bedroom with a 5’ bed, twin bedroom with 3’ beds, single bedroom with a 3’ bed, bathroom with a shower over the bath and wc and shower room (no wc).
- No pets allowed
- Minimum of two night stay
Key features & amenities:
- Three bedrooms, one bathroom and one shower room
- Ample parking
- Stunning sea views
- Electric effect wood burner, electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot and highchair (available on request)
- Garden furniture
Activities & things-to-do:
- Within easy reach of the beach
- Yorkshire coast with Whitby, Sandsend and Robin Hood’s Bay all nearby
- The Yorkshire Esk, one of the most prolific sea trout rivers in England and the only salmon river between London and the Trees
- Mountain biking at Dalby Forest
- Grosmont, the North York Moors Railway and Goathland all within easy reach.
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent