Glassonby Old Hall Cottage in Cumbria
Glassonby Old Hall Holiday Cottage in Cumbria, The Lake District
Glassonby Old Hall is a 5 Star Gold Award winning traditional long house that is Grade II listed. It is one of three luxury properties in Glassonby, Cumbria. The other two properties are Elk Cottage and Jenny’s Croft, which both adjoin Glassonby Old Hall. All properties date to the 1600s.
Recent renovations brought the properties back into habitation for the first time since 1764. Glassonby Old Hall still retains many of its original features like the old ship timber oak beams, oak mullion windows, flagged stone floors, open fires and stone staircases. Rent Glassonby Old Hall today with special offers and prices!
From £183 per night (Rural Retreats)
- Sandstone flagged and galleried dining room with large stone and log burning fireplace
- Dining hall has double doors that open onto a sandstone terrace leading into the garden
- Sitting room with wood burning cast iron stove, a large breakfasting kitchen with four oven Aga, utility and store room and a ground floor cloak room
- The Daleraven Room, a double bedroom with a 5’ king size bed and wc and shower room. The room has original sandstone walled well preserved below the glass flooring
- The Master bedroom suite that is accessed along the oak gallery. This suite has a 5’ poster bed and an en suite bathroom with separate rainfall shower and a cast iron roll top bath
- The Addingham Room has a 5’ carved antique bed
- The Salkeld twin bedroom has two 3’ beds
- All of these bedrooms are located next to the family bathroom which has a cast iron bath and separate rainfall shower.
About the location
This is the perfect location to an outdoor holiday in Cumbria. There are lots of walks nearby and leading to Lacey’s Caves along the Eden River, to the Long Meg Stone Circle (second largest in England) and to the nearby Cumbrian village of Melmerby. Here you can find the nationally acclaimed organic Village Bakery.
- Pets allowed (two dogs welcome)
- Smoking not allowed
- Minimum three night stay
Key features & amenities
- Two wood burning stoves
- Sandstone terrace leading up to a lawned area
- Onsite parking
- Oak and sandstone flag flooring with underfloor heating
- Four oven Aga, electric hob and separate oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Large screen LCD TV, DVD player, iPod docking system
- Catering service available
- Heated towel rails in all bathrooms
- Cots and high chairs (available on request)
- Barbecue with charcoal available to use
- Garden furniture
Activities & things-to-do
- Village shop in Kirkoswald (one and a half miles away) which has two local pubs
- You can rent bicycles, locks and helmets locally
- Nearby fishing spots
- Great walks from right outside of the property – from Dale Raven along the banks of the Riven Eden, a walk to Lacey’s Caves along the Eden River and a walk to the Long Meg Stone Circle
- Glassonby is situated along the popular C2C cycle route and there are also many quiet lanes in the local area for cyclists. Cycling route maps provided at property.
- Glenridding Sailing Centre, where you can hire canoes and sailboats
- Rookin House Farm where you can go on a Pony trek
- Lake Ullswater at the Sharrow Bay Hotel, where you can enjoy a leisurely meal on the shoreline
- Junction 40 of the M6 is nine miles away
- Penrith the historic market town can be easily reached by taxi from the station (three hours train journey time from London)
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: The Rowley Estates, Holiday Images