Jasmine Cottage Near Burford, Cotswolds
Jasmine Cottage in Windrush, Near Burford, Cotswolds – A Beautiful Holiday Home With a 300-Year-Old History
This is a stunning 300-year-old Cotswold stone cottage located in the quiet village of Windrush. This is a great place for you and your other half to unwind together.
Windrush, Nr Burford, Cotswolds
from £196 per night (Rural Retreats)
About the location:
This is the perfect property for walkers since it is surrounded by National Trust land and there are numerous walks in the Windrush valley. There is also a lot of wildlife with plenty of birds, foxes, badger, deer, hares and wildflowers.
- Ground floor: entrance hall/study, kitchen and breakfast room with french doors that lead into the garden, sitting room with wood burning stove.
- First floor: spacious double bedroom with a vaulted ceiling and a 5’ bed. Single bedroom with a 3’ bed. Bathroom with a hand-held spray attachment.
- Pets allowed (one small dog/ additional charge)
- Minimum of a two night stay
Key features & amenities:
- Stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove
- Garden to the rear with a 5’ drop shielded by a hedge
- A guest bed is available (cost of £23.50)
- Shared roadside parking
- Hand built, painted kitchen
- Exposed beams, window seats, flagstone floors in the hall and wooden floors in the bedrooms.
- Babysitting by arrangement
- Videos, board games, jigsaws and books available.
- Electric double oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine.
- Flatscreen HDTV, DVD and selection of DVDs. Bose iPod docking system.
- Travel cot and high chair (available on request)
Activities & things-to-do:
- The Fox Inn is a 20 minute stroll away, where you can enjoy an excellent meals
- The Inn for All Seasons is 20 minutes walk away, serving great food and wine
- The National Trust village of Sherborne is two miles away along the valley. The Sherborne Village Shop and Tearooms serves excellent breakfasts, lunches and homemade cakes.
- Village of Bibury with the world renowned Arlington Row, Coln St Aldwyns, Hatherop, Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water all within the local area.
- The towns of Bath and Stratford-upon-Avon are both an hour’s drive away.
- The medieval town of Burford is a few miles away with lots of interesting shops, boutiques and restaurants.
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent