Lidwells Coach House in Goudhurst, Kent
Lidwells Coach House in Goudhurst, Kent – A Converted Detached Barn set in a Rural Position
Lidwells Coach House is a converted detached barn set in rural Kent. The cottage neighbours a larger property but has its own private entrance and large walled garden in the rear, perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
From the large decked terrace, there are beautiful views of the rolling, wooded countryside. During summer months you can enjoy the lovely outdoor pool.
1 and 1 shower room
from £200 per night (Rural Retreats)
About the location:
This property is located in one of the UK’s designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The retreat is only a half mile away from the hilltop village of Goudhurst in Kent Weald, east of Tunbridge Wells.
- The ground floor includes: Hall, wc, kitchen with a dining table and french doors to the terrace, utility room, sitting area.
- The first floor: double bedroom with a 4’6’’ bed and an en-suite bathroom, double bedroom with a 6’ zip and link bed (can convert to two 3’ single and an en-suite shower room).
- Parking for two vehicles available opposite the gate in a recess next to the stables.
- No pets allowed.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
Key features & amenities:
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom and one shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Large, decked terrace and walled garden to the rear.
- Use of outdoor swimming pool by arrangement.
- Parking for two cars.
- Underfloor heating
- Terrace (front of the property)
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, water softener, washer/dryer.
- LED flatscreen TV, DVD and CD player, mobile phone.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate (available on request)
- Garden furniture.
Activities & things-to-do:
- Castles and historic sites
- From the property you can wander down into the village of Goudhurst
- Visit one of three pubs which includes the Goudhurst Inn
- National Trust’s Scotney Castle, historic Sissinghurst Castle or medieval Bodiam Castle.
- Rudyard Kipling’s former home Batemans
- Bewl Water, a country park located on a reservoir and host to many activities.
- The Pantiles at Tunbridge Wells (within a 25 minute drive). Here you can explore independent shops, cafes and individual boutiques.
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent