The Long Barn in Trunch, Norfolk
The Long Barn in Trunch, Norfolk, East Anglia, UK: A Large Grade II Listed Barn (sleeps up to 10 people)
The Long Barn in Norfolk is located on the grounds of Felmingham Hall (a Grade II listed Elizabethan manor house) are the Felmingham Hall Barns. These are two award-winning holiday properties within a stunning 18th century barn conversion. Off a country lane and located at the end of a long drive, you can find the barns set within a walled garden and surrounded by farmland. There is a grape and laburnum covered pergola leading up to the properties.
The Long Barn is light and spacious, with a 30’ high vaulted drawing room with imposing fireplace, heating and double doors to front and rear gardens and terrace. The dining room leads out to a covered loggia (via double doors) where you can enjoy a meal while overlooking the private south-facing walled garden with views to the Hall. There are inter-connecting doors between Long Barn and Dovecote (sleeps six guests). Rent The Long Barn today with special offers and prices!
10 (or 16 if you also rent the adjoining property, Dovecote)
Lowest Price for Long Barn
– sleeps 10: From £353 per night (book here)
Lowest Price for Dovecote
– the adjoining property that sleeps 6: From £148 per night (book here)
T he Long Barn was once the home of William Talman, an architect of Chatsworth House and Master of the Works to the court of James I. Felmingham Hall was constructed in 1569 and is one the earliest examples of Elizabethan architecture in North Norfolk.
- Drawing room with a wood burning stove and underfloor heating, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room
- Twin bedroom with 3’ beds and an en-suite bathroom
- Double room with a 4’6 bed, an en-suite shower room and a window over the grand hall
- Twin room with an en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with a 4’6 bed and an en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom with a 5’ bed, an ornate window/ fire escape an an en-suite bathroom
Trunch, Felmingham nr Aylsham, Norfolk, East Anglia, England
About the location
This property is based in unspoilt countryside not far from the National Trust’s Blickling and Felbrigg estates. It is the perfect location for exploring the Norfolk coastline, only 20 minutes away by car.
- Pets not allowed
- Smoking not allowed
- Minimum two night stay
- No stag or hen parties allowed
Key features & amenities
- Wood burning stove
- Lawned gardens with terrace
- Plenty of parking space
- Short walk from the beach
- Shared game rooms (table tennis, table football and toys)
- Freeview TV, DVD, CD, Telephone
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate (available on request)
- Private water supply
- Garden furniture and barbecue
- Catering can be arranged through Julie Abbs Catering
Activities & things-to-do
- Game Room
- Weaver’s Way, a famous network of country walks is ten minutes from the property.
- The east coast is just fifteen minutes by car.
- Holt and Burnham Market, both picturesque Georgian towns
- Cley, a seaside village with famous bird sanctuaries
- Cromer, a traditional English resort town its Hotel de Paris
- Sheringham and Wells, both towns a short drive away and offer delicatessens, antique shops, restaurants and theatres
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: Holiday Images