The Normans Townhouse in Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
The Normans – Townhouse Rental – In the Centre of Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
The Normans is a three storey holiday townhouse based in the centre of Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk. The property is only a two-minute walk from the harbour and the sea. This is a self catering luxury rental house that’s garden is enclosed by a high wall.
The bedrooms are spacious and offer impressive views across the coast from Holkham to Stiffkey. Rent this townhouse today with special offers and prices!
4 en-suite bathrooms and 1 en-suite shower room
From £135 per night (Rural Retreats)
History of the property
The house was built for the town’s wheat merchant (rumoured to be a smuggler). This is why there is a spy window at the top of the house, from where the merchant could watch boats come in. The house had tunnels running beneath which lead to different locations in the town.
Standard Road, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1JW
About the location
Wells-next-the-Sea is a popular Norfolk town that is based in a small harbour on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast. This area is one of the UK’s designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The town is known for its narrow streets, old alleys and yards with plenty of shops, pubs and cafes. Also, many impressive Victorian and Georgian buildings.
- Smoking not allowed
- Pets not allowed
- Minimum three nights stay
Key features & amenities
- Open fire
- Enclosed, walled garden
- Parking (four vehicles)
- Electric oven with induction hob, microwave oven, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- TV, DVD player
- Travel cot and high chair (available on request)
- Garden furniture and charcoal barbecue
- Swinging seat and petanque pit in garden
- Catering can be arranged through Julie Abbs Catering
Activities & things-to-do
- Horse riding
- Bird watching
- You can access the beach via a miniature steam train from the harbour. The beach has pine trees, sand dunes and colourful beach huts.
- The quay has an active fishing fleet and sailing club
- North Norfolk Coastal Path, perfect for walkers and birdwatchers with many creeks and marshes
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: Holiday Cottages