The Normans Townhouse in Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
The Normans – Townhouse Rental – In the Centre of Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
4 en-suite bathrooms and 1 en-suite shower room
From £1219 for three nights (Rural Retreats)
History of the property
The house was built for the town’s wheat merchant (rumoured to be a smuggler). This is why there is a spy window at the top of the house, from where the merchant could watch boats come in. The house had tunnels running beneath which lead to different locations in the town.
Standard Road, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1JW
About the location
Wells-next-the-Sea is a popular Norfolk town that is based in a small harbour on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast. This area is one of the UK’s designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The town is known for its narrow streets, old alleys and yards with plenty of shops, pubs and cafes. Also, many impressive Victorian and Georgian buildings.
- Smoking not allowed
- Pets not allowed
- Minimum three nights stay
Key features & amenities
- Open fire
- Enclosed, walled garden
- Parking (four vehicles)
- Electric oven with induction hob, microwave oven, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- TV, DVD player
- Travel cot and high chair (available on request)
- Garden furniture and charcoal barbecue
- Swinging seat and petanque pit in garden
- Catering can be arranged through Julie Abbs Catering
Activities & things-to-do
- Horse riding
- Bird watching
- You can access the beach via a miniature steam train from the harbour. The beach has pine trees, sand dunes and colourful beach huts.
- The quay has an active fishing fleet and sailing club
- North Norfolk Coastal Path, perfect for walkers and birdwatchers with many creeks and marshes
Looking for more UK holiday cottage rentals?
—> Discover romantic cottages for couples
—> Find large cottages to rent
Image: Holiday Cottages